We don’t want rats inside our home. And since you are reading this article, we assume that your place is somehow infested with rats and that you want them eliminated in your home and in your life. But before you try to eliminate them, it’s best to understand why they are in your home in the first place. Below are some facts that you might need to know about rats and their behaviour:
- Rats have been spreading pandemics for centuries; one of the most known instances is the Black Plague. The Black Plague befell in Europe and killed large amounts of Europe’s population in a matter of years. Thanks to advances in pest control methods, we can easily detect and prevent these pandemics today. For those who don’t want to use rat poisons or mouse traps, the good news is that there are now humane methods in eliminating these pests.
- Records show that in the 20th century alone, 10 million+ people suffered from diseases carried out by rodents.
- Experts do not consider rats to be a major threat to our everyday life but we still need to be extra careful of potential threat of infectious diseases carried by these pests.
- Have you heard of the Black Death in the Dark Ages? It is believed that rats who sailed with traders are its cause. It seems that rats really have that desire to explore new environment as much as they can. The proof is that you can see them hitching a ride in cars, buses, airplanes, and other vehicles. As they travel, they carry harmful parasites and pathogens with them.
- Mites and ticks are some of the parasites carried by rats; these parasites carry pathogens that are potentially dangerous and lethal. Don’t also forget that these rats are spreading germs and bacteria everywhere they go through their urine and feces. So, make sure you are keeping your home clean at all times, especially if you have children who are vulnerable to infectious diseases.
You have all the reasons to eliminate rats in your home but you cannot do it on your own. There are numerous Abu Dhabi pest control companies promising that they can solve your problems of rat infestation but the question is “do you know which one to trust?” Just click one of the two links of this article to learn more about the most trusted company when it comes to pest control for rats. We are looking forward to adding you to our long list of satisfied customers.